LG has launched their new Flagship Android device in IFA 2012 Berlin named as Optimus G. We were already getting many rumored specs and photos of Optimus G. Lastly, LG has confirmed all the details and released some photos. Website like GSMarena and Phonearena are already providing hands on review but here I try to provide almost all details in a brief article. Optimus G features latest Quad Core processor Krait running at a clock speed of 1.5Ghz and can be overclocked to 1.8Ghz. SnapDragon Chipset with updated Adreno 320 graphics provide it a great platform. Right now the device runs Android 4.0.4 IceCream sandwich but LG has promised to update it to Latest Android OS Android 4.1 Jelly Bean very soon. Check out the detailed features of Optimus G.
LG Optimus G Specs and Features Detailed:
- General: 2G/3G/LTE
- Form factor: Touchscreen bar phablet
- Dimensions: 131.9 x 68.9 x 8.45mm, 145 g
- Display: 4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPS Plus (1280 x 768 pixels) capacitive touchscreen, Gorilla Glass
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro
- CPU: Quad-core Krait 1.5 GHz processor
- GPU: Adreno 320
- RAM: 2GB
- OS: Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Memory: 32GB storage
- Still camera: 8/13 megapixel auto-focus camera with Time catch shot, smart shutter and cheese shutter; 1.3MP front facing camera
- Video camera: Full HD (1080p) video recording at 30fps, LED flash,
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, standard microUSB port with MHL support (TV Out, USB host), A-GPS receiver, 3.5mm audio jack, NFC
- Battery: 2100 mAh
- Misc: Optimus U, built-in accelerometer, multi-touch input, proximity sensor, gyroscope sensor, QSlide Function
LG optimus G Pros and Cons:
- The new SnapDragon S4 Pro + Quad Core Krait + Adreno 320 is a really powerful package when compared to Tegra 3 or Exynos 4 Quads from Nvidia and Samsung.
- LG Optimus UI updated that has lots of Tweaks and new tricks
- Slim and Handy Phone. More ergonomically designed when compared to Galaxy SIII or other Quad core Phones.
- LG Optimus G boosts a new 5 element lens and 13MP camera. The samples reviewed by other website disclose that Quality is good but there are better Camera available with Nokia and Samsung. optimus G video is great at 1080P
- GSMarena has tested LG Optimus G for Benchmark test with Benchmark Pi, Linpack, Ninamark 2, GLbenchmark and Quadrant and it outwitted HTC One X, SGSIII, Meizu MX 4HD, LG Optimus 4X HD etc.
- Screen Quality is at par with iPhone 4 but not as good as SGS III
- Battery is just 2100mAh. So its definite that you will need to charge atleast Twice in day time.
- Still Android 4.0.4 IceCream Sandwich. Everybody is getting mad about Jelly Bean and LG Optimus G is still on ICS
- Processor over heating issues [some hands on experience reveals that optimus G has some issues]
Verdict: For now, LG Optimus G is the top notch Phone in the market. There is no Phone that has shown competing performance with it in Benchmark test. But Performance is not everything. No Body needs much power with their Phone until you are a hard core gamer. If you just work on some files, apps and internet then even a Dual core Phone can do the thing. LG optimus G is definitely showing its way to future. It packs the best performance in smallest possible package and this really justify the smaller battery and heating issues. There are much better devices available at competitive price. We must check out the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, SGS3, HTC One X and some other upcoming devices.
You can search us easily :
- lg optimus g pros and cons , auto optimus battery pros and cons