Any Android game or application that you install in your device from the Play Store is actually an APK file (for large games, there is also a data file but we will cover that later). Now, most people download all apps and games directly from the Play Store, but in certain cases that is not possible. For example, a certain application might not be available in your country, or maybe Google thinks that your device won’t be able to support certain apps, but you have installed a custom ROM on your phone so you are sure that it will work.
These scenarios are pretty common, hence methods via which one can directly install the APK files from the Play Store can be of massive help for such people. Below, two methods have been shown- one simple and the other a bit complex one, but with the latter, it’s possible to download even those apps you have paid for.
Tip: Backup apps and data on your Android device
How To Download APK Files Directly From Play Store: Method 1
This is the simplest method to get the APK file. Just follow the steps below-
- From the browser on PC or any other device, go to Play Store and search for the app you want.
- After you have opened the app page in Play Store, copy the URL.
- Next, go to APK Downloader and then paste the link in the text box.
- Click on generate download link and soon you will be presented with the download button.
- Save the APK file onto your PC or laptop or the device that you are using and then transfer that APK file to your memory card.
- Before you can install the app, you need to allow installation from unknown sources on your Android device. Go to settings ->security and tick the option “allow installation from unknown sources”.
- Next, use a file manager on your device and move to the folder where you kept the APK file.
- Click on it and then finally click on install and your app should be installed within no time.
Other similar websites which operate in the exact same manner include Downloader-apk and apk-dl.
How To Download APK Files Directly From Play Store: Method 2
Setting up this method for the first time requires more time, but the advantage of this method is that you can even download those paid apps from the Play Store that you earlier paid for.This method uses an extension which is installed in your browser (Chrome or Firefox), so you don’t need to visit any website. Just follow the steps below.
- First, download the required extension corresponding to your browser from the links given below –Chrome: Firefox
- Next, you need to login with the email address that you use in your Play Store.
- You also need to enter your device ID. Open the phone app and dial the following number – *#*#8255#*#*
- Then you should find something called “aid:” followed by some data.
- Enter that into the text box asking for your device ID.
- Finally, your extension is setup. Next, go to the Play Store and search for the app that you want.
- When you reach the desired page, click on the extension (which should only appear beside the URL bar, when you reach that page).
- Then, save the APK file and move that to your memory card.
- Similarly as above, you need to allow installation from unknown sources. Refer above to know how to enable it.
- Finally, browse to that file in your device’s file manager, click on it then install and finally you have that app installed. Enjoy!
These are the two best ways to download apk directly from the Play Store. You can also download these APK files from other websites, but they will not be taken directly from the Play Store, and might contain viruses or malware, so it’s advised not to use them. So go ahead and try these methods and let us know if you face any issue. Also, check out our detailed guide on Speeding up your Android device.
You can search us easily :
- how to download app directly form play stor