You purchased an iOS device and tried to Jailbreak it or install the latest firmware, most of the time it goes fine but sometimes it hangs and your device gets bricked. This is due to firmware errors or an uncompleted setup. Apple devices, be it the latest iPhone 5 or iPad Mini or the older devices can be repaired and revived again without much hassle. A bricked iOS device can be recovered and made functional using the below-detailed tutorial. We have tried to provide every aspect that can help you with fixing your bricked iOS device.
You will need some basic tools that are easily available online. You will need a Mac or Windows PC to set up applications that will help you with flashing firmware to your device.
Update: On 64bit iOS devices, if you set the date “January 1, 1970” and reboot, they get bricked. Developers have reported that neither DFU restore nor recovery can unbrick this.
How to fix a bricked iPhone, iPad, or iPod
Like Google’s Android, where users can customize the operating system by rooting it and have full control over their device. People using iOS devices are not allowed to have full control over their device as Apple’s iOS is a robust and steady operating system where users can only customize it by jailbreaking it through an unorthodox method or by interrupting a firmware update (Mostly preferred).
Symptoms of an un-functional (Bricked) iOS device:
- The system gets stuck on a black screen.
- The screen shows a battery logo with a red line, but the device is fully charged.
- You can see Apple’s logo on the panel for a brief moment and the device goes blank frequently.
- The display is stuck on a spinning wheel.
- The device will not start at all.
Making it clearer, if your phone has not stopped while installing a newer version of iOS because of insufficient battery power or any other factor, there are chances that your device can be restored as it is not actually bricked. For any reason or the reasons mentioned above, if your phone is bricked, then you can proceed below to get your query cleared, just charge your device so that it lasts for at least an hour or more.
You can speed up your iPhone, here is our detailed optimization guide.
Normal reset your device – simple reset for iPhone, iPad, and iPod
First of all, try something simple that is the easiest way and works for many. Mostly those users who are facing a spinning wheel on the display, those owners who see an Apple logo stuck on the screen and if the device does not power ON.
- First of all, press and hold the Home button (Center) + Power button until you see the Apple logo or keep holding it for at least twelve seconds.
- Next, release both the buttons at the same time.
- Further, you’ve to just wait until the menu screen loads.
If this doesn’t work then try the next method.
How to restore bricked iPhone, iPad, or iPod
Another way to restore a bricked iOS device is a complete restoration it is hectic but if you have no other option then what’s the harm in trying it. If you restore an Apple device you will have to use a previously saved backup of your files or in case you have no such option you’ll have to use a new iOS version. You should be aware that the data like settings, background, and all will be cleaned.
Further, you will even get sadder as Apple has a habit of restoring to the latest edition of iOS, one that cannot be yet jailbroken. There are versions of firmware available for your device available for direct download over the internet. You can flash the firmware to your iOS device, using iTunes.
Jailbreakers could make a Custom Firmware for their device using tools like SnOwBreeze (for Windows) and PwnageTool (for Mac OS X), which is an already jailbroken iOS version that can be used.
Steps to restore an iOS device:
- First of all, ensure that iTunes is installed and updated.
- Now, connect your device to the computer using the original USB cable.
- Open iTunes and then select the product from the left column.
- Next, go to the summary section and then click on the “Restore” button.
- Patiently wait for iTunes to download the latest iOS and then choose a backup to restore from or a new version if you want.
- Wait until the device syncs.
BOOTING INTO RECOVERY
Simply restoring may not help you, when the Apple device is connected to a computer as you’ve tried above. Now, it’s time to try the iOS recovery mode, there is a hidden stock recovery pre-build in your iOS device that can help you with restoring to the previous state. Below we explained how to do so:
- When your device is OFF, press and hold the Home + Power buttons together until the screen turns ON.
- Now, connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable while keeping the Home button pressed.
- When you see a screen iTunes icon and a USB cable, release the Home button.
- Now, restore using the above-mentioned steps.
If the above methods do not repair your iDevice then you should try DFU mode.
DFU method is one which is a sort of advanced instance of the device loader which is used by Apple to initially load up the firmware and other files. This has no secure protection, so inexperienced users or new ones may by mistake flash the wrong firmware or actually mess up the Bootloader when you are jailbreaking. Therefore, it is advised that you carefully handle your device when you are in DFU mode.
- Switch ON your device.
- Now, open iTunes and connect your device using a USB cable.
- Next, press and hold the Home + Power buttons together for 10 seconds exactly, and then release the Power button.
- Lastly, continue holding the Home button until iTunes detects your device in recovery mode.
- Now, restore.
If you are an owner who finds the solution to your problem using this article, then we’ll be very happy. Also, let us know if you are in any kind of problem, we are here to help with your queries.
You can search us easily :
- bricked ipad , ipad bricked , bricked iphone , reflash ipad , iapd account bricked , iphone bricked , how to flash an iPad , my ipad is bricked , how to fix a bricked ipad , how to unbrick an iPhone X