Samsung Galaxy Note II is already announced the best Phone for Year 2013. Note II 4G is available on LTE networks like T-Mobile, Verizon and AT&T. The Unique S-Pen functionality has pushed it ahead other Android Phone and iPhone 5. We have been already asked about the procedure to root T-Mobile Galaxy Note T889 by few of our US based readers. We decided to create a whole tutorial for this and we are here with a detailed guide. I would like brief about the procedure we are going to do here. We will be flashing a pre-rooted kernel that will not raise flash counter etc. Its a safe method already tested by users and created by XDA forum senior member Chainfire. Later you can either flash CWM recovery or Touch based TWRP recovery. There are loads of Modded firmware and extra functionality updates available for Galaxy Note II T889 that will make you enjoy your Note even more.
Warning: You are proceeding with rooting of your device. Rooting voids warranty, further we will not hold any responsibility if you damage or brick your device in the process of following this article.
1. This article is only meant for the users who own T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note II T889. No other device should be experimented with this article.
2. Please charge your device so as to have at least 70% charge with it, assuring that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
3. You should backup all valuable data’s on your phone, to assure that there is no data loss during the process.
4. Disable all Security programs like Antivirus and Firewall from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
5. Enable USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy Note II T889 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Download Odin, Rooting Package and TWRP Recovery Package from here to your computer. Install Odin onto your Windows PC and extract the Rooting Package and TWRP Recovery Package into separate folders onto your desktop.
Steps to Root T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note II T889 and Install TWRP Recovery:
Step 1: Open Odin and reboot your phone so as to enter it in Download Mode. To do so, when your phone is OFF, press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons together until the screen turns ON.
Step 2: Now, connect your phone to the PC via original USB cable i.e. the cable that came with it.
Step 3: You will see an “Added!” in Odin if your device has been detected. It also means that all the necessary drivers for your device have installed on to the PC.
Step 4: Now, click on “PDA” button from Odin and then choose the “.tar” file from the folder where you’ve extracted the “Rooting Package”.
Step 5: Do not make other changes in Odin and also ensure that the “Re-Partition” option has been unchecked.
Step 6: Next, click on “Start” to begin the flashing process.
Step 7: As soon as the flashing process has completed, you will see a “PASS” message in Odin, which means that the flashing process has completed successfully.
Step 8: You device also reboot after you have got the above message.
Step 9: Now, to flash the “TWRP Recovery Package” again click on the “PDA” button and choose the “.tar” file from the folder where you’ve extracted the TWRP Recovery file.
Step 10: Again click on “Start” for initiating the flashing process.
Step 11: Your device will reboot as soon as the flashing process has completed and you can even see a “PASS” message in Odin.
Great! You’ve successfully rooted your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note II T889 and Installed TWRP Recovery on it. Feel free to seek help from us if you face any issues, we are always there to help you out.
You can search us easily :
- debug Samsung t889 , 3U6B , galaxy note 2 twrp uninstall and restore , how to unlock bootloader of samsung note2 t889